Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
# of Openings
The Cadmus Homeland Security Sector seeks candidates to lead and manage upcoming crisis simulation exercises and emergency preparedness programs for its homeland security clients, partners, and stakeholders. This position will support our clients across the federal interagency as well as state and local organizations along with our commercial sector practice. Cadmus offers a competitive compensation package including a best-in-class benefits program that includes healthcare, commuter benefits, and more.
Associates within the Homeland Security Sector act in a supervisory role and are responsible for managing a variety of projects for our homeland security clients. Often serving as the project lead, associates are responsible for producing high-quality products and services, management of project budgets, engagement with senior-level clients, and supervising and coaching project teams. Some domestic travel is likely required for this position.
The Homeland Security Sector provides our clients with pragmatic solutions to their most important analytical and policy challenges. We bring together a team of outstanding professionals within the Washington, DC Metro area who have earned a reputation of responsive and client-focused support for a wide range of homeland security, intelligence, and counterterrorism agencies. Our client-oriented approach, coupled with our profound and relevant subject matter expertise, enables us to bring an incisive edge to solving the most critical national security challenges facing the Nation.
* Lead teams of analysts, to include providing task direction, reviewing documentation and products, and training staff
* Manage senior-level client and stakeholder engagement and outreach
* Manage policy analysis and research on homeland security and policy-related topics under the direction of a project manager and working in collaboration with other team members
* Lead research and analysis in support of emergency management exercise projects
* Lead the production of Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) exercise documentation, memoranda, briefings, and presentations
* Develop high-quality written communications products in Microsoft Office
* Support and manage research, administration, and logistics for events
* Manage projects plans, timelines, tasks, budgets, and finances
* Provide a strong attention to detail and adherence to a formal writing style guide to create consistent and professional reports, assessments, and other written deliverables
* Write, edit, and proofread data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications, special reports, and other deliverables
* Bachelor s degree and/or master s degree from an accredited university, preferably in a national security, public policy, political science, emergency management, or homeland security field
* Over five (5+) years of demonstrated professional experience in exercises, homeland security, or emergency management fields
* Knowledge in emergency management and/or homeland security affairs required
* Consulting and/or private sector management experience preferred
* Excellent analytical, communication (oral and written), research, and presentation skills
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to self-edit and quality-check all original work; ability to review, quality-check, and edit the work of supporting team members
* Experience overseeing analysts, to include providing clear guidance and direction
* Experience interacting with clients, to include implementing client requests and initiatives
* Experience developing and executing project plans, timelines, and budgets
* Experience with senior-level client and stakeholder outreach and communications
* Proficiency in relevant software programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Candidates selected may be subject to a security investigation and, if required, should be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
To Apply: Candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter explaining interest and relevant qualifications, and a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of information (on any topic) into a concise, actionable summary.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran's status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com