Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
# of Openings
The Cadmus Homeland Security Sector seeks candidates to support upcoming crisis simulation exercises and emergency preparedness programs for its homeland security clients, partners, and stakeholders. This position will support our clients across the federal interagency as well as state and local organizations along with our commercial sector practice. Cadmus offers a competitive compensation package including a best-in-class benefits program that includes healthcare, commuter benefits, and more.
Successful candidates will support the design, execution, and evaluation of homeland security exercise programs covering a range of hazards, including terrorism, cybersecurity, and natural disasters. Candidates may also support policy assessment and analysis, policy research, professional writing, and/or strategic planning in the homeland security or public policy fields. Some domestic travel is likely required for this position.
The Homeland Security Sector provides our clients with pragmatic solutions to their most important analytical and policy challenges. We bring together a team of outstanding professionals within the Washington, DC Metro area who have earned a reputation of responsive and client-focused support for a wide range of homeland security, intelligence, and counterterrorism agencies. Our client-oriented approach, coupled with our profound and relevant subject matter expertise, enables us to bring an incisive edge to solving the most critical national security challenges facing the Nation.
* Conduct policy analysis and research on homeland security and policy-related topics under the direction of a project manager and working in collaboration with other team members
* Perform research and analysis in support of emergency management exercise projects
* Lead the production of Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) exercise documentation, memoranda, briefings, and presentations
* Develop high-quality written communications products in Microsoft Office
* Support research, administration, and logistics for events
* Provide a strong attention to detail and adherence to a formal writing style guide to create consistent and professional reports, assessments, and other written deliverables
* Write, edit, and proofread data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications, special reports, and other deliverables
* Bachelor s degree and/or master s degree from an accredited university, preferably in a national security, public policy, political science, emergency management, or homeland security field
* Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated professional experience in exercise, homeland security, or emergency management fields (Master s Degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
* Knowledge in emergency management and/or homeland security affairs preferred
* Excellent analytical, communication (oral and written), research, and presentation skills
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to self-edit and quality-check all original work
* Proficiency in relevant software programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Candidates selected may be subject to a security investigation and, if required, should be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
To Apply: Candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter explaining interest and relevant qualifications, and a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of information (on any topic) into a concise, actionable summary.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran's status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com