Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Requisition Id 1406
The Environmental Sciences Division (ESD) of Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has an opening for a Research Professional in its Earth Sciences Informatics portfolio. The successful candidate will help link advanced informatics and computer science to data management and distribution in the Earth, climate, and environmental sciences.
The successful candidate may be involved with various software development and applied data management activities that support projects in Environmental Data Science at ORNL, such as the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Data Center project.
We are seeking a self-starter, willing to develop expertise in data preparation for archiving, discovery and distribution, as well as, advanced data tools development. The following skills and experience are desirable:
- A minimum of an Associates degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong background in modern computer programming, as applied to earth science applications
- Minimum of one year of professional software development experience in data analytics, building data processing workflow, and data extraction from large scientific datasets.
- Strong expertise with systems management and administration (Linux/RedHat/HPC).
- Strong knowledge in Machine Learning, neural networks (example: CAFFE and TensorFlow)
- Minimum of one year professional experience in programming languages such as: Python, Java, and database applications using PostgreSQL
- Strong experience working with sensor data
- Knowledge and experience using software management tools such as: Git, JIRA, and ServiceNow
- Strong knowledge in system design, analytics, monitoring and performance evaluation
- Experience working under agile and scrum methodology and requirement gathering from scientific and research users
- Working experience in Linux and HPC architecture
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Desire to learn and adopt new tools and technologies as required by the projects
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.