Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
PA s Energy and Utilities sector is currently looking for 1-2 US-based consultants with regulatory and rates analysis experience to support our work helping utility clients develop regulatory and rate case strategies and models. This is the ideal role for you if you have a good understanding of utility regulation and experience developing complex Excel based models combined with overall utility sector operations experience.
You will be part of a talented client-focused team that plans and helps our clients develop and deliver successful regulatory programs to increase cost recovery or meet other regulatory objectives.
The responsibilities for this role include:
* Contributing to regulatory strategy development;
* Assisting clients by helping to develop and assess regulatory solutions designed to accomplish business objectives;
* Contributing to the assessment of rate case revenue requirements;
* Assessing the impact of alternative accounting approaches on regulatory cost recovery and compliance requirements;
* Auditing and analyzing energy procurement plans;
* Contributing to the development of rate structures and rates;
* Researching alternative approaches to meeting regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions;
* Supporting due diligence activities in connection with mergers and acquisitions;
* Providing independent assessments of operations on behalf of senior management or regulators;
* Developing complex models to calculate revenue requirements, cost of service and rates; and
* Contributing to propositions, supporting business development and thought leadership activities.
Location: Based in New York or Boston.
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree, with a specialization in energy, utilities and/or finance preferred. Masters or MBA degree is a plus
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in energy or water utility regulation, finance and/or operations
* Advanced Excel modeling capabilities
* Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
* Previous experience and comfort with modeling and quantitative analysis as well as direct interaction with clients to deliver key insights as part of a broader energy team
Travel: Willingness to travel locally/nationally up to 80%
About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life: We re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn t it time you joined us*
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. VEVRAA Federal Contractor