Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lewisville, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PATIENT CARE TECH / PCT
WORK SCHEDULE: PRN
The Patient Care Tech assists the licensed staff with basic patient care functions, which includes but is not limited to bathing, ambulating, toileting and feeding patients. In addition, picking up meal trays, taking vital signs and measuring and recording intake and output are functions of the Patient Care Tech II. The patient care tech II assist with nursing staff by performing bed side glucose checks, foley catheter care including discontinuation of foley, urine collection, tracheostomy care and simple dressing care.
* Texas CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) OR Texas CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) OR Texas CEMT-B (Certified Emergency Medical Tech) OR currently enrolled in LVN, RN or BSN nursing program and completed clinical checklist for clinical rotations.
* BLS issued by the American Heart Association certification
* Successful completion of Medical Center of Lewisville's advances Patient Care Tech II skills training program required upon being hired into the position.
* Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
* No experience required if nursing assistant certification is current; or if currently enrolled in LVN, RN or BSN program with completed clinical checklist for clinical rotations.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.