Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
The Maintenance Supervisor directly supervises
maintenance employees on assigned shifts to ensure the
effective delivery of maintenance services and support
production in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation. This
includes planning, assigning and directing work,
addressing product and employee complaints, and
resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the Company s
policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
* Collaborates with the plant engineer, maintenance
manager, and facility management to utilize
equipment to improve employee safety, production
quality, equipment reliability, and overall
* Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects
for the site.
* Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to
maintain production systems, utilities, buildings
* Utilizes a computerized maintenance management
system to optimize asset utilization through
scheduled preventative maintenance.
* Ensure that all utilities (i.e. refrigeration,
electrical, steam, compressed air systems, etc.) are
in proper working order to support production.
* Implements corrective actions identified by key
maintenance performance indicators as a means to
create overall equipment effectiveness.
* Remains current with latest and emerging industry
regulations and codes relative to mechanical and
electrical systems design and operation.
* Ensures corporate policies and standards are
followed in both capital project implementation as
well as daily maintenance.
* Complete all paperwork including maintenance
records, incident reports and investigations, and
others as assigned by the maintenance manager.
Maintain current technical documentation on PLCs,
instrumentation and equipment (PLC ladder logic,
blueprints, manuals, SOPs, maintenance procedures,
PMs, inventory/parts purchasing.
* Shares best practices within the Maintenance
* Monitor and enforce policies, plant rules and
programs with employees, contractors, vendors,
consultants and suppliers (i.e. safety, food safety,
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating and delegating.
* Provides management of employees directly to ensure
effective selection, retention, development,
disciplinary action and performance management. If a
collective bargaining agreement exists, may
participate in negotiations, grievances or other
contract related activities and discussions.
* Evaluate Maintenance personnel skills and abilities
and assist Manager with developing training programs
for employees growth.
* Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively
apply the Saputo values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in a related field is preferred
and a minimum of five (5) years industrial
maintenance experience within Dairy, Food, and/or
Beverage industry is required or an equivalent
combination of education and experience; previous
supervisory experience required.
* Working knowledge of boilers, refrigeration, PLCs,
electrical, cooling towers, ammonia compressors and
packaging equipment. Skills required in electronics,
instrumentation and electrical systems and
troubleshooting, reading electrical schematics and
understand ladder logic. Ability to calculate basic
mathematical equations and formulas.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security
Policies and Procedures.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality
Policies and Procedures, and report and follow
through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead others through
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and
attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to
work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate,
develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.