Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Job ID: 15108
Ametek MRO is seeking a Mechanical Engineer responsible for development and modification of a wide variety of Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Fuel and Electromechanical components. Candidate must be a self-starter with experience submitting DER packets and able to work in a fast-paced and flexible engineering environment.
The employee will plan, implement and support the FAA Repair Station activities, apply knowledge of engineering principles, theories and industry practices to provide support for FAA FAR component repair solutions, develop DER repairs, and have involvement with multiple aspects of the FAA FAR-145 component repair process. All duties will be performed in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
• Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility and production issues.
• Plans and implements engineering programs, including defining the project philosophies, activities, milestones, and customer requirements.
• Develop capabilities to disassemble, repair, assemble, and test hydraulic, pneumatic, and electromechanical components.
• Design, build, and modify test stands and testing equipment.
• Makes changes to existing designs for derivative product development, cost reduction or obsolescence.
• Evaluates and approves design drawings, bill of materials, procedures and reports.
• Must have a strong blend of technical, project & positive customer relationship building experience.
• Requires exceptional written, verbal & interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated strong use of analytical skills, including FEA.
• Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
• Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• Prepares interim and completion project reports.
• Prepares customer or/and regulatory requested documents such as reliability analysis, FMEA, safety analysis, qualification plans and reports.
• Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree, related field or higher from four-year college and/or university in the field of Engineering.
• Experience in the assembly, disassembly and testing of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electromechanical components.
• Requires at least 3 years in a regulated industry, such as aerospace and defense, with knowledge of FAA certification preferred.
• Preferred candidate will have experience with LabView and Solidworks.
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit expectations
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.