Posted in Software 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 656
Supermicro is a global leader in high performance, high efficiency server technology and innovation. We develop and provide end-to-end green computing solutions to the data center, cloud computing, enterprise IT, big data, high performance computing, or HPC, and embedded markets. We are looking for a senior level firmware design engineer in the storage products team. We are a motivated team within a multi-site, multi-cultural company. We are in an Agile development process and encourage continued learning and growth. We have an immediate need for an experienced firmware engineer to join our storage solutions team based out of headquarter in San Jose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• As a Staff / Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be involved in projects and be responsible for research, design, development, implementation, verification, test, and customer support of reported firmware issues related to mother boards / add-on cards / storage products at SuperMicro Computer Inc.
• Collaborate with different functional teams such as motherboard design, system validation, SQA, Field Application Engineers and customers to debug and solve any reported issues in early stage to ensure and to enhance quality of the products
• You will be contributing in one or more of the following domains: NVMe/ PCIe/ SATA/ SAS, NAND, Caching, Performance, FTL, Infrastructure, and Manufacturing
• Accomplish the products by work jointly with other teams to conform to engineering specifications, standard compliance, EMC and energy regulations, and customer performance expectations
• Provide clear technical documents, including product specifications, test procedures, etc., and strong technical support to contract manufacturers and production department during the product sample and production stages
• Strong software engineering background (Computer Science / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering or equivalent through experience) with MS 7+ years or BS 9+ years of experiences or relevant experience in embedded storage products
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic towards working in fast-paced environment with ability to work independently in a highly efficient way to achieve the best quality design and fast time-to-market constraint with minimal supervision
• Good problem-solving capabilities and strong debugging skills with in-depth knowledge of the server and storage architecture is required
• Comprehensive knowledge on the board level bring-up, compatibility and reliability testing, debugging tools and software, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.
• Excellent team work player and strong communication skills
• Expert in embedded firmware, programming and its concepts related to the following domains: NVMe/ PCIe/ SATA/ SAS, NAND, Caching, Performance, FTL, Infrastructure, and Manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects
• Thorough knowledge of C language
• Strong knowledge on processor architectures, specifically ARM is preferred
• Experience with NAND technology or NVMe/PCIe/SATA/SAS in SSD firmware development. Experience with design for and support for mass production
• Well-versed with Agile development
• Knowledge on configuration management
• Affinity with electrical engineering
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us