Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
CRISIS WORKER I
CRISIS WORKER I
Under the authority of the Program Director, the Crisis Worker assures that all operating procedures and regulations are followed. The Crisis Worker is responsible for direct services with consumers, significant others, and collateral resources, and to assist residents with their daily living needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
1. To collaborate with coworker, students and volunteers and prioritize daily tasks.
2. To discuss with coworker who will take the primary responsibility for medication observation according to the Medication Observation policy and document in the medication observation book.
3. To facilitate groups, 1:1 sessions, and case management to educate and support consumers.
4. To monitor consumers throughout the day.
5. To facilitate the referral and registration of consumers who come to Hope House, including facilitating transportation and gathering all information needed for admission.
6. To collaborate with consumers, families and providers to assess needs, develop crisis resolution plans and facilitate implementation of discharge plans.
7. To provide referral and other case management services for residents and families.
8. To handle telephone calls and to document on 24 hour progress note.
9. To represent Hope House in meetings with other agencies as requested by the Assistant Director and Director.
10. To perform designated administrative and housekeeping duties; to maintain a safe environment; to identify and resolve maintenance problems.
11. To assist residents in developing healthy sleeping patterns and to work as needed with residents who are not able to sleep.
12. To check on consumer s every hour during the overnight and document on the 24 hour progress note.
13. To assist consumers with all areas of the daily routine including wake-up, meal preparation and clean-up.
14. To facilitate transportation to needed appointments.
15. To perform clean up and maintenance duties as assigned on the overnight chore list.
16. To attend monthly staff meetings, individual supervision and regular trainings.
1. To complete personnel material (e.g. time sheets, vacation requests, etc.) in an accurate and timely manner.
2. To attend supervisory meetings as scheduled.
3. To participate in on-going and planning and Continuous Quality Improvement.
4. To perform other duties within the general function of the position.
5. To keep certifications current in trainings that require certification (e.g. CPR, CPM, First Aid etc.)
* Bachelor s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling or other related field and two years of experience working with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness
* Ability to make independent decisions when consultation with the Assistant Director or Program Director is not possible
* Represents an appropriate role model for consumers
* Ability to respond to crisis situations and to take responsibility when decisions have to be made
* A valid driver s license
Hope House is an equal opportunity employer and conducts its hiring practices in accordance with all applicable and Federal, State and local civil rights laws and regulator requirements. Race, color, religious creed, handicap, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age or gender will not be considered when hiring for this position. Hope House reserves the right to revise this job description as needed.