Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
This position is responsible for providing driving and administrative support to the Transportation Department by performing the duties and responsibilities of a freight delivery driver in addition to regularly assisting with administrative duties per the direction of the TSM or ATM. As Lead Driver, may be assigned to dispatch, monitoring process and paperwork, training and providing back-up support where needed.
· Ensures that all orders are accurately and efficiently delivered in compliance with specified customer instructions and USSCO company policy.
· Assists the Transportation Manager/Supervisor by coordinating and monitoring freight delivery, ensuring compliance with safety standards, delegating delivery tasks, training and providing available tools in order to meet or exceed productivity and quality goals and objectives.
· Supports Company/facility initiatives in daily actions and decisions.
· Loads product onto truck at the Distribution Center and prepares for delivery. May be required to use power equipment, such as a forklift or pallet jack, to load the truck.
· Performs pre-trip check of vehicles, trailers and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate.
· Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers’ location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
· Unloads product from truck to customers’ dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
· Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
· Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures.
· Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to lead and train drivers in USSCO policies and procedures.
· Proficiency in the usage of the Fleet Management System in order to monitor driver E logs.
· Proficiency in Excel spreadsheets.
· CDL license required – Class A.
· Ability to perform tasks of the function within established safe driving guidelines.
· Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
· Hazmat training for hauling hazardous materials may be required.
· Ability to lift heavy boxes and crates.
· Ability to climb and maneuver in tight spaces.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description