Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: North Haven, Connecticut
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
Supervise, train, and develop a skilled technical staff that provides equipment maintenance support to manufacturing operations. Drive continuous improvement and customer focus while ensuring that production systems and equipment perform reliably and consistently. Use best maintenance practices and methods to meet or exceed department goals relative to operational efficiencies, quality, and safety.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure all maintenance performed on manufacturing equipment is accurately documented and tracked within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
2. Ensure that personnel are qualified to perform the assigned maintenance procedures by providing training and auditing work performed. Facilitate maintenance tasks and related technical training for continuous staff development. Ensure all training is properly documented.
3. Monitor inventory and verify equipment critical spare requirements to ensure that needed parts are on hand to avoid excessive equipment downtime. Ensure availability of manuals, schematics, software and other documentation for all assigned equipment.
4. Provide technical support to staff in diagnosing and correcting unique equipment performance problems, including outside support as required.
5. Oversee preventive and predictive maintenance activities to ensure systems and equipment continually perform to established reliability guidelines.
6. Provide leadership and training for staff in safe work practices and critical work rules.
7. Compile operating histories, analyze maintenance inspection results and work with the maintenance planner to optimize maintenance schedules and job plans.
8. Assign and monitor technical resources to provide overtime and weekend support for variable manufacturing schedules.
9. Set priorities effectively to balance administrative and direct supervisory responsibilities.
10. Effectively and accurately communicate maintenance status, project updates, equipment data analysis, and other reporting requirements.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Participate in cost reduction and equipment improvement programs as they pertain to improving machine and production efficiencies.
2. Supervise personnel, with special emphasis on attendance, time management, and performance.
3. Evaluate performance of personnel with emphasis on further development.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Nice to Have:
Good communication skills (English language)
REQUIREMENTS AFTER 1 YEAR ON THE JOB
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Employee must have the ability to work in a wide range of areas including but not limited to the following:
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)