Works with Nurse Managers to insure that all patient charges are accurate and reconciles charge discrepancies. Works with other personnel as needed to insure that patient charges are accurate and performs reconciliation to correct charge discrepancies.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
* Coordinates with Nursing Units to ensure all charges are captured and entered into a timely manner. * Investigates and corrects charge denials/errors. * Provides trended data to reflect non-compliance of Associates related to charge expectation. * Provides remediation to Associates per Director/Manager request * Serves as resource for Charge Entry Staff. * Conducts training on problematic areas of performance. * Serves on Revenue Integrity Committee. * Stays current with guidelines to charging regulations specific to charges entered. * Work with physicians to ensure accurate, and timely documentation. Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Perform related responsibilities as required.
* Review hospital medical record and charges for compliance * Research and obtain necessary documentation/information from staff to ensure accurate and timely coding and charge entry
* Understanding of CPT, ICD-10 codes, and medical terminology * Detail oriented, organized, and dependable * Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
* C. Licenses, Registrations or Certification:
* Certified or credentialed outpatient coder preferred