Facility: TAYLOR STREET CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides overall supervision of Case Managers at a facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and manages the duties in the case management staff.
- Responsible for the record maintenance, receiving and discharge operations of the facility.
- Develops inmate goals and responsibilities.
- Establishes and monitors inmate programs and work details and ensures all details are fully staffed by inmates.
- Reviews and monitors correspondence from members of political groups such as the judiciary, Congress, Senate, and other representatives, and prepares necessary responses.
- Assists in training staff regarding inmate management.
- Coordinates and controls the inmate payroll system.
- Prepares reports for presentation to the U.S. Parole Commission.
- Gathers information from various staff regarding inmates’ progress, adjustments, program participation, work reports, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Conducts intake screening and orientation programs to gather pertinent information and to advise inmates of required policies and procedures.
- Participates in the planning of overall institution programs and inmate activities.
- Formulates and maintains departmental budget.
- Performs staff duty officer functions as required.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in basic principles of inmate case management and developing inmate goals and responsibilities during the incarceration period.
- Advise inmates in areas regarding their sentences, prerelease planning, parole eligibility and hearings, and overall institution adjustment and activities.
- Initiates, responds and writes correspondence to various law enforcement agencies, judicial systems and various other parties.
- Provides liaison between the facility and contracting agency in matters pertaining to inmate case-management areas.
- Must be aware of various manuals and guidelines used by the facility.
- Advises management staff in areas of inmate management problems and other areas of concern.
- Assists in the intake screening on all new arrivals.
- Supervises staff in the maintenance of inmate central files and preparation of proper forms and documents.
- Performs periodic audits of Case Management procedures.
- Trains Case Managers and other staff in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in case management either through a correctional facility or in the social services field.
- Good knowledge of general office practices and procedures, including budget preparation and control.
- Must have knowledge of proper correctional philosophy and policy to assist the staff in all aspects of case/inmate management.
- Must be knowledgeable in the basic principles of inmate case management.
- Must be knowledgeable of general business practices and procedures with knowledge of principles, practices and methods used in case management.
- Ability to speak, understand and write clearly.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, subordinates, and inmates.
- Ability to develop and implement new practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to represent management when dealing with inmates.
- Ability to develop new practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.