Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req Id 30708 - Posted 06/17/2019 - Supply Chain - King of Prussia. Pennsylvania. US
Situation in Organization
The Chemical Equipment Manager reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
The overall focus of this position is to provide technical service support to ensure safe handling of products within the Oxygenes and Derivatives division of Arkema. This position is the #1 contact in the North American region (i.e. United States, Canada, and Mexico) for technical equipment support to customers. Working closely with the Sales team and Supply Chain, the Chemical Equipment Manager provides support and product stewardship to customers through site audits along with safety and product handling presentations and training at all customers as required. This position also works closely with the Parts and Equipment Manager and supports training and equipment needs at 3rd party terminals and customer sites that operate Arkema-owned equipment across the North American region.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
AUDITING / PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP (50%)
Work with the Sales and Supply Chain/Customer Service teams to provide audits and qualifications of hydrogen peroxide handling process and related equipment, storage tanks at customer sites or terminals, and to provide assistance within the EHS laws and regulations.
* Requires familiarization and compliance with laws and regulations covering N. American Region (i.e. US/Canada/Mexico)
* Provide safety inspection and training where required to customer
* May require weekend work depending on carrier/terminal team availability
* Maintain Product Stewardship manual for safe handling of hydrogen peroxide
* Act as the Business Incident Investigator (B.I.I.) for the division - coordinates, validates, and finalizes investigations on Transportation Safety Incidents
* Provide backup support as needed to the Parts & Equipment Manager for similar activities at Arkema's 3rd party terminals.
- Provide hands-on support to customers in the Oxygenes and Derivatives Division's strategic applications including but not limited to:
* Technical advice on proper equipment used in the storage and transportation of hydrogen peroxide
* Loading and unloading of product from transportation equipment to customer's storage tanks
* Transportation equipment design, modifications, commissioning
* Customer equipment setup
* Customer assistance ranges from general advice to equipment schematic review
- Provide backup support to the Parts & Equipment Manager as needed to provide support to Arkema's 3rd party terminals
* Terminals / trailer operation issues
* Guidance for part maintenance/replacement, equipment relocations/replacements, trailer and/or part design
TRAINING / PROSPECTS (20%)
- Customer training on the safe and proper use and troubleshooting of equipment used for product handling.
- Support the Sales team with safety, & product handling presentations and training to promote Arkema's hydrogen peroxide capabilities across our customer base and to support new sales prospects.
- Documentation and communication of all necessary informational details to the business regarding existing customers and prospects, including market trends, regulatory trends and competitive activities.
Context and Environment
This position requires technical knowledge as well as knowledge of customer relationship management and the ability to work with customers to address their technical needs in a collaborative manner while engaging with the internal organization to translate those needs into further understanding of business impacts.
One of the key aspects of the role is the ability to maintain constant communications with the Sales, Supply Chain, and Customer Service groups to ensure consistent flow of information from the marketplace.
This position will be based out of the King of Prussia, PA corporate office. TRAVEL IS IN EXCESS OF 60% OF TIME.
- Interaction with customers on site audits and market intelligence to be documented in Salesforce CRM tool in a consistent, timely, and thorough manner.
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
Required Education / Qualifications / Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum experience of 10 plus years' in the chemical industry.
- Desired knowledge of material handling equipment such as pumps, valves, metering skids, etc.
- Understanding of hazardous chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide, nitric, phosphoric, sulfuric, caustic.
- This position requires the individual to be a self-starter and able to function independently with moderate direction
- Fluency in French a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills required
- Proven problem solving skills, especially in working with others to achieve results
- A reputation for follow-through and maintaining relationships in spite of conflict
- Able to negotiate solutions for the overall satisfaction of key stakeholders
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.