Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, Mobile App Development, Android and IOS App and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations. Team consists of a Dev Manager, QA Manager, developers, QA engineers, scrum master, and product owner with local Configuration Management and Database Engineering support. Job Description
Visa UX is looking for a Staff UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand Yes, and over No this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
* Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
* Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
* Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
* Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
* Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
* Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
* Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
* 6+ years of experience required
* Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using Angular or React (required)
* Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
* Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like Ruby/Rails,Java, REST API, JS/NodeJS, etc. (Required)
* Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes (Required)
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
* Ability to work independently and manage one s time (Required)
* Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
* Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows (Required)
* Knowledge of Adobe products (Required)
* Responsive Design Principles (Required)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an Equal Opportunity Employer