Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cypress, California
* Assist in the management of AV systems integration projects to achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist Project Manager or Senior Project Manager with project tasks as assigned
* Review and acquire a thorough knowledge of contract documents for each assigned project including but not limited to: project scope of work, bid drawings and specifications, contract, subcontractor scopes of work and construction schedules
* Solicit quotes form qualified subcontractors as required
* Participate in internal project kick-off meetings that include key participants from sales, engineering, fabrication and installation
* Assist with internal and external project communication and documentation from the time of project handoff from account management through close-out
* Provide weekly job progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders
* Assist with ordering of materials for projects from engineering approval through production administration order placement
* Assist with management in the change order process
* Verify quality of work performed by internal resources and subcontractors
* Assist in facilitation of the testing and certification of installed systems
* Stay abreast of project management processes and project steps
* Ensure all closeout/as-built documentation is created and stored in respective job folder locations for service/ and/or future office reference
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to proactively plan, troubleshoot and solve technical, personnel and other project related issues.
* Ability to understand and maintain project budgets.
* Understand AV system functionality and installation processes and techniques.
* Ability to read and comprehend project technical and construction documents.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat.
* Ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives.
* Self-starter capable of working independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
* Demonstrate time management skills with attention to detail
* Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL Driving Privileges standards.
* Ability to travel to various job sites throughout the U.S.
Education and/or Experience
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
* Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
* Minimum 3-5 years' experience as a Project Coordinator in the AV industry or related field preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
* This position does not have any direct reports
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law