Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bradenton, Florida
POSITION TITLE: Counselor/Desoto County Case Management Court Desoto County Master s Level
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides mental health and substance abuse treatment through individual and group counseling methods in an Outpatient Treatment Court setting. Provides written documentation concerning progress of client caseload as well as communicates collaboratively as a part of the Desoto County Case Management Court Team. Position is located in Arcadia, Florida.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master's Degree in human services field. Ability to develop supportive relationships with persons with legal, substance abuse and often also mental health issues while maintaining appropriate therapeutic boundaries. Possess knowledge of addiction and recovery including the ability to view addiction from a criminal justice perspective. Valid Florida Driver's License with a safe driving record.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Ability to develop supportive relationships with persons with legal, substance abuse and often also mental health issues while maintaining appropriate therapeutic boundaries. Possess knowledge of addiction and recovery including the ability to view addiction from a criminal justice perspective.
* Reports to work as scheduled on a daily basis and performs duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
* Provides individual and group substance abuse and mental health counseling in an outpatient setting.
* Inputs written documentation into Drug Court Case Management database, concerning progress of client caseload and discusses client progress with multi-disciplinary team on a weekly basis.
* Develop supportive relationships with persons with substance abuse and mental health issues to advance their recovery.
* Communicate collaboratively via email and in person, as a part of the Desoto County Case Management Team and Centerstone Supervisor.
* Participate in court proceedings through providing client recommendations to multi-disciplinary team.
* Inputs clinical documentation into Avatar in a timely manner for all services rendered with or on behalf of clients.
* Completes Relias trainings as scheduled online and in person to maintain 100% compliance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/Physical Demands: Position is located in Arcadia, Florida at the Probation Office. Works in well-lighted areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours. Is subject to frequent interruptions. Is involved with clients, family members, court, Centerstone and county personnel in a behavioral health setting.
POSITION TYPE, EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL: This is a full time position; must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include early morning and evenings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Tuition Reimbursement (subject to budget and region/state policy)
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.