Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: CLACKAMAS, Oregon
Supervise hourly employees in the safe manufacture of company products, satisfying all quality and productivity requirements in the most cost effective manner. This position reports to either a Production Manager II or Area Manager.
1. Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions and all quality control instructions. Prime responsibility to safely manufacture a quality product with minimal scrap or rework, while meeting customer specifications.
2. Responsible for the safe manufacture of products, safety in the areas of supervision, and maintaining a safe work environment. Emphasizes accident prevention. Ensures that legal requirements and company safety policy is enforced.
3. Plans, organizes and supervises shift operation in accordance with production schedules and requirements of immediate supervisor in the most effective manner. Maintains total awareness of policies and procedures and assures compliance by assigned employees.
4. Ensures that target earned hours are attained and budget criteria is met or beat.
5. Develops, trains, and involves employees in maintaining and improving departmental efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, cooperation and morale.
6. Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner and that each employee is properly trained in all safety procedures. Ensures that good housekeeping practices are routinely followed.
7. Maintains employee attendance such that adequate staffing exists to meet required production schedules.
8. Works with each employee to effectively resolve grievances, gives necessary feedback on employee performance, conducts formal performance appraisals and recommends pay increases, transfers and promotions in accordance with state and federal laws.
9. Interviews and hires qualified people in accordance with state and federal laws.
10. Ensures adequate equipment and supplies are available to complete the task requested of their subordinates.
1. High school plus college level courses or equivalent training in manufacturing accounting, mathematics and statistics. Additional training in motivation, problem solving and group behavior, or completion of PCC Certificate program. Bachelors in Engineering and/or Business preferred.
2. Two to five years experience in related production operations with good ability to facilitate team problem solving and communicate both orally and in writing.
INDIVIDUALS MAY HAVE CONTACT WITH OR BE REQUIRED TO HANDLE HAZARDOUS WASTE.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.