Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a National Account Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a National Account Manager, you'll be expected to drive new business and up/cross-sell within high potential, large national accounts to increase business penetration and revenue growth within your assigned accounts - both new and existing national accounts where we have not previously done business and without geographic limits.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Build/evolve an account strategy within each assigned account and focus on key stakeholders in customer operations, developing a global action plan to add value to each clients key initiatives (share of wallet and geography) and mapping national account coverage.
* Connect/chase all available resources in order to build and grow business within each account, knowing everyone who can make an impact within each account and how to leverage them (i.e., customer influencers, Herman Miller executives, and the depth of the GSBG group).
* Develop/build sustainable volume and drive for results within each assigned national account, understand each clients business strategies and financial drivers, then monitor and manage their assigned accounts to a long-term profitable basis and preserve the ongoing customer relationship.
* Manage Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) information appropriately in order to manage all reporting requirements of the GSBG leadership team in a timely and accurate manner.
* Manage within the assigned expense/program budgets.
* Measure all sales activities and processes with a robust implementation strategy, utilizing all corporate tools and resources available.
* Provide a dedicated customer service focus and take a purposeful approach to target every opportunity within your assigned accounts/geography to find the penetration points, expand relationships within each account, and discover the windows of opportunity.
* Work the account plans with the team(s) assigned to each account, developing a penetration strategy, defining clear responsibilities and accountabilities with each member of the team, orchestrating the activities of the team to implement the account growth strategy and secure the account, and designing a communication process to keep the team making progress.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in field of relevant academic discipline and applicable professional certification. A Master's degree is preferred.
* A minimum of five years of successful selling experience with Herman Miller or three years of national account responsibility within the contract furniture industry.
* A demonstrated ability to add value to customers and attain a deep understanding of customers business goals, consistently finding ways to add value within customer organizations.
* A love for new ideas and an ability to generate, explore, and clarify them.
* Advanced selling skills, including qualifying prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts (closing).
* Some knowledge of Herman Miller global products and services and how they solve problems. You'll also need some knowledge of competing global products as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products and services from the competition.
* Adequate seniority with Herman Miller to have the knowledge/understanding of Herman Millers structure and support resources and how to access them in achieving/orchestrating combined Herman Miller customer interactions.
* A consultative personality with strong/mature organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate (in actual or virtual situations) and negotiate.
* The ability to be an assertive self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner in order to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
* The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment at all levels of the organization (e.g., "political savvy"), with the ability to build long-term relationships and gain a high level of confidence with customers and partners, particularly at senior decision-making levels within an organization.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities with a strong emphasis on listening, presenting, and facilitation.
* A demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
* Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and the ability to be results-oriented (i.e., holding yourself accountable for results).
* A high learning agility (including flexibility/adaptability to change), dissatisfaction with the status quo, self-awareness, open-mindedness, openness to feedback/coaching, curiosity, and comfortability with ambiguity.
* A demonstrated high level of integrity, business ethics, and leadership skills.
* A high level of financial literacy and global business acumen.
* Expertise within a dealer environment with sales planning capabilities to provide leadership to dealers in pursuing customer relationships.
* The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment
* A willingness to travel frequently and easily without restrictions and with cross-cultural sensitivity.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.