Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Activity Assistant Position Overview:
* An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood. Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated.
Activities Assistant Duties:
* Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
* Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
* Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
* Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
* Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
* Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
* Utilizes assistance of volunteers with planned programs.
* Performs in-service programs of the facility.
* Does light housekeeping tasks in the Activity Room (cleaning refrigerator, sink, stove, tables) on a daily basis, and assists with maintaining the general esthetic appearance of the activity areas.
* Maintains bulletin board displays on the nursing unit and in the Activities Room area.
* Prepares daily broadcasting script.
* Transfers/secures residents into van for outside travel programs; drives van or other vehicle for outside activity programs.
* Attends Employee Council meetings and departmental meetings.
* Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
* Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility
* Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
* Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
* Performs other work duties as assigned by Directory Activities
Activities Assistant Requirements:
* High school diploma required.
* Ability to relate and enjoy working with residents required.
* Tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents necessary.
* Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, families and visitors required.
* Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
* Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs required.
* Maturity, stability and willingness to accept responsibility necessary.
* Understanding of the rights and needs of residents required.
* Physical stamina for constant activity required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.