Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Melville, New York
Engineer will be working on a Clinical EMR upgrade project consisting of provisioning and commissioning Windows 2016 physical and virtual environments. Project will also entail decommissioning legacy server infrastructure. (Windows 2012 servers)
Duties & Responsibilities
* Engineer will be building Windows 2016 virtual and physical servers
* Engineer will be assisting with 2016 Failover Clustering environment build-outs
* Engineer will be commissioning servers according to organization standards
* Engineer will performing and troubleshooting QA checks for go-live validations
* Engineer will be responsible for Decommissioning of Windows 2012 Virtual and physical servers following organizational best practices.
* Engineer will be working exclusively with internal hosted management solutions for project scope.
* Engineer will be working under the supervision of our Project Coordinators and Clinical Applications Infrastructure teams. Able to manage deliverables and communicate status updates.
* Responsible for onsite go-live support.
Skills & Experience
* Minimum 5 Years management experience of Windows operational support activities (Active Directory, Microsoft Server Editions, and VMware).
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting (problem determination/resolution) skills
* Proficiency with network protocols and infrastructure concepts
* Proficient with Group Policies and Security Policies
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Cisco UCS experience a plus