Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
All jobs IT Site / PC Technician
IT SITE / PC TECHNICIAN
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States * LM * 589
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an IT Site / PC Technician in Grand Junction, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
* Support and maintain in-house computer systems, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required.
* Thorough understanding of the Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, and Office 2010/2016/365 suite of products.
* Working technical knowledge of current network protocols and operating systems.
* Able to make independent use of information technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
* Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
* Demonstrated, hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
* Ability to operate tools, computer hardware components, and peripheral accessories.
* Self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong customer-service orientation and effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
* Possesses strong ability to effectively collaborate and contribute to a cross-functional team with network & system administrators, software engineers, data managers, and other technical & non-technical staff.
* Must be able to work together and communicate maturely and professionally with co-workers and federal customers.
* Prepare new and reimaged PCs for local and remote users.
* Monitor and address PC replacement needs according to expected usage cycle of PCs in coordination with management and Purchasing department.
* Provide receiving and shipment of computer equipment and work cooperatively with others providing that service. * Maintain organized computer setup area.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
* Participate in Helpdesk services activities as needed.
* Perform all duties in a professional manner. All communications and interactions with the user community, co- workers, and management must be respectful, thorough, and conducive to outstanding customer service.
* Must be capable of providing professional written and verbal communications.
* Must be trustworthy and maintain confidentiality concerning work processes and functionality when needed.
* The ability to work limited nights and weekends as required.
* Must be willing to travel on an as needed basis to alternate sites to support systems operations, maintenance, and deployment. (less than 25% travel)
* Must be able to pass a background investigation and be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screening.
* IT-related Tech degree accompanied by some work experience or 2-year college/university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or related technical discipline (or 5 years equivalent technical work experience; can include internships).
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, software, applications, and configurations
* Must have Microsoft Windows including 10; Microsoft Office, up to 2016/365
* Experience installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas related to hardware and software in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
* Preferred: certifications such as CompTIA A+ (900 series), Network +, or Security +, Test Out PC Pro, and Dell Certified PC Technician are highly preferred.
* Experience with McAfee and Entrust technologies with associated certifications desirable.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job