Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sandy, Utah
Summary: Work with customers to design and develop manufacturing methods to build technically advanced surgical catheters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Sales team to assess technical and logistical feasibility of product proposals
· Develop existing processes in surgical catheter manufacturing, including polymer extrusion, braiding, coiling, injection molding, pad printing, RF tipping, etc.
· Collaborate with production personnel to create new processes in surgical catheter manufacturing to address customer challenges with innovative solutions
· Communicate milestones and progress effectively between several teams: operators/technicians, engineering, management, and sales. Maintain a collaborative relationship between all parties
· Create or update documentation to reflect new processes
· Setup and changeover production equipment per manufacturing instructions
· Train production personnel in the setup and changeover of production equipment
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment by identifying safety hazards and implementing corrective actions when necessary
· Identify, select, and manage relationships with key suppliers of catheter materials, components, and production equipment
· Be a technical resource for other team members
· Assist, as needed, with shipping, quality, materials management, and general process and facility improvement.
· All other responsibilities as required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field from a four-year college or university
· Minimum of two years of iterative design experience: demonstrated technical proficiency and persistence through design and fabrication of concept. Applicable internship experience can apply.
· Knowledge of engineering concepts: extrusion, molding, thermal processing
· Knowledge of polymers and metals associated with reinforced surgical catheters
· High level of personal organization, ability to present information in a clear and organized way
· High energy, creative, persistent, able to work well with a team
· Special consideration given to candidates who have experience working within a quality and design controlled environment, particularly those with experience in an ISO 13485:2016 certified company.
· Special consideration given to applicants who have knowledge of catheter-related engineering concepts such as extrusion, plastic injection molding, thermal processing, polymer material properties, etc.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Frequently required to stand
· Frequently required to walk
· Frequently required to sit
· Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
· Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
· Continually required to talk or hear
· Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
· Occasionally work around fumes and airborne particles
· Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
· While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
· The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 25 pounds