Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Visa Loyalty & Benefits Tech
Visa Loyalty & Benefits organization is assigned with a critical task: Engage every consumer to prefer Visa card over any other payment method for every transaction. This challenge is particularly hard as it needs to apply to customers in different countries, through various experience and to provide a true value to the clients. This is especially hard as this is a highly competitive market.
And that's why we like it...
Our group is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here s a sample of what we ve been working on:
Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants
Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we re serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers
Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, and Whole Foods Market.
Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
The Chief Software Architect position in Visa s Loyalty and Benefits Tech team is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role that contributes to Visa s success through expertise in large-scale distributed system. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software system architecture and design, development process and best practices, distributed computing, and high availability.
Your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
If you'll join the team, your responsibilities will include:
* Helping define the vision of our next generation platform architecture.
* Leading and driving cross-team and platform-level initiatives and projects.
* Discovering opportunities in integrated/converged platforms, systems and resources, and lead to realize it.
* Collaborating in design and implementation of our next-generation service-oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
* Designing and implement features evolving our online advertising product offerings.
* Scaling up and tune our ad serving pipeline for better performance, reliability, and throughput. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, extremely low latency requirement, and computational efficiency.
* Troubleshooting critical production issues and provide technical insights.
* 8+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimization, etc.
* Extensive experience with technical leadership, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion.
* Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
* A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/PhD preferred.
* Experience with Java or C++ is a must.
* Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
* Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
* Knowledge in big data and cloud technologies is a strong plus.
* Experience with related open source technologies such as Tomcat, Zookeeper, Kafka, Netty, RocksDB, etc. is a plus.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.