Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery. JOB OVERVIEW
TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) is a company-wide initiative aimed at continuously improving our business performance by applying best practice improvement tools.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for establishing a culture of excellence in execution, continuous improvement, and communication within the Trenton Lane production facility. This individual will promote and drive Lean and Continuous Improvement via TEOA as part of the management team while partnering with management, Supervisors, Team Leads and Production Operators.
A typical day may include:
* Develop site TEOA deployment plans consistent with business unit /plant strategic and operational plan.
* Support and mentor site based TEOA Practitioners / Kaizen Facilitators to enable them to succeed in the TEOA deployment.
* Develop skill levels of site personnel to implement and sustain TEOA.
* Monitor progress against plans, achievement of continuous improvement and progression to higher star assessment levels.
* Lead the Site TEOA project teams, develop value stream maps and execute the TEOA implementation plan for the site to achieve the plant level TEOA metrics.
* Create, plan, lead and follow-up of the TEOA implementation plan and ensure TEOA actions are visual to stakeholders and are driven to a sustainable closure.
* Facilitate TEOA Kaizen events throughout the site.
* Account for predicted savings and track, validate and post to financial/operational results.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* 5 to 7 years of technical / operations experience with focus on production, logistics or industrial engineering.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, Master's Degree preferred.
* 5 years of experience as Lean practitioner and demonstrated evidence of sustained, successful lean activities within specific value streams.
* Previous hands-on and practical experience in using value stream mapping and implementing continuous improvement tools with proven results in at least the following areas: 5S+1, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM.
* Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the TEOA culture across the plant.
* Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the site management team
* Excellent communication, coaching and inter-personal skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management
* Ability to deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
* Essential requirements:
* Functional and Technical Knowledge: The successful candidate has extensive knowledge of best-in-class operations improvement tools such as Lean and other relevant tools and methodologies.
* Be a Change Agent: The successful candidate possesses project management skills and a willingness to \\"roll up their sleeves\\" to get the job done. This hands-on Manager inspires trust and confidence in colleagues to achieve the highest standards of performance. They obtain commitment from the organization to significantly different ways of doing things in the service of higher levels of organizational performance. The ability to work across all disciplines and throughout all levels of an organization in an influential and credible manner. They have the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, and engage the teams through their enthusiasm and excitement about the business.
Managing and Measuring Work
Building Effective Teams
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)