Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Location: Santa Barbara
Req#: 5274 Provide motion design leadership and inspiration across projects as a member of a design team. We re looking for an experienced motion designer with a bold, visual portfolio who loves music, design, art and technology. You ll help lead and make beautiful, iconic and timely creative across a wide variety of projects. We re looking for a designer with an eye for quality and craft. A self-motivated doer that knows how to manage their time and set expectations on delivery schedules. That s the baseline. What else can you bring*
More than a candidate that checks every box, we re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos no matter their background or how they identify. If that s you, we hope you ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You ll Do
* Partner with Design & Creative Directors to conceptualize, design, build, and extend motion experiences.
* Lead the creative design of small to medium scale project initiatives, working with internal teams and external agencies.
* Strong proficiency in production to ensure quality and final delivery.
* Develop preliminary concepts into refined, comprehensive design solutions.
* Support producers to deliver projects from a design process perspective exhibiting strong time management skills against assignment.
* Manage time and understand operational practices.
Skills You ll Need
* Bachelor s Degree in Graphic Design, animation, or related field, or 5 years of relevant work experience.
* Excellent creative and strategic abilities in 2-3 specialized design fields.
* Ability to be directed and inspired by creative leaders.
* Ability to work well leading a team and mentoring junior designers/interns.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills to lead working sessions and present to groups of any size.
* An understanding on a broad range of consumer, brand and cultural relevant topics.
* Proficiency in design software including Adobe Creative Suite.
* Experience with motion graphics, editing (3D product rendering capabilities a plus).
* Experience with Social Media creative a plus.
* Experience with Retail and Environmental experiences a plus.
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.