Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Melville, New York
Req ID: 50600
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Monitoring Lead - Instrumentation Engineer to join our team in Melville, New York (US-NY), United States (US).
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
* Take ownership of any issues / outages related to monitoring configurations and take it to closure
* Configure/Set up new alerts using tools but not limited to: Splunk, ELK, Azure Native monitoring tools,
* AppDynamics, Graylog, Promotheus, Grafana, Catchpoint, Idera, ManageEngine etc)
* Classify the events /alerts and record the changes in wiki, Runbook.
* Periodically update Runbooks of all the products
* Evaluate events/alerts for correctness
* Support Business teams to trouble shoot, integrate, & test monitoring tools
* Review KPI s with Digital Ops Monitoring & Engineering teams
* Review the monitoring thresholds and where appropriate make recommendations
* Update new changes in Wiki and Runbooks
* Follow up to closure of alerts
* Automate simple and routine tasks
* Conduct monthly review on KEDB & Runbooks of Digital Ops monitoring tools.
* Maintain all the important documents in Digital Ops SharePoint site/Wiki
* Track all the tasks through JIRA tickets with proper updates and closure per SLA
* Daily STANDUP call with Digital Ops Monitoring leads and share the updates
Required skills and experience:
* 2 years of experience in ELK on log management and Open Source Application Performance Management (APM)
* 2 years of experience in monitoring using Splunk
* 2 years of Azure Native Monitoring Tools experience
(Appinsight, Log Analytics, Management Solutions, Network Monitoring, Service Maps, Azure Monitor, Azure Diagnostics, Advisor, Service Health & Activity Log)
The ideal candidate will also have:
* Experience in monitoring operation with AppDynamics
* Experience on Infra, Application, DB, Mobile App, Synthetic monitoring setup
* Experience on troubleshooting issue in business applications and AppDynamics Tool related issues
* Experience on troubleshooting issue in business applications and Splunk Tool related issues
* Hands-on Splunk log analytics, dashboard & reporting
* Experience on monitoring & alerts setup using Azure native monitoring tools AppDynamics (APM)
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.