Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
This position you will work as a member of Tesla s Quality Team. The primary objective of this role is to support the production of high quality vehicles through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them. The successful candidate for this position must be a problem-solver at his/her core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally).
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company. Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
* Lead cross-functional teams to drive process and product improvements.
* Lead problem-solving teams; use of QA methodologies to manage and facilitate issue resolution including root cause investigations and the development, implementation and monitoring of effective corrective and preventive actions.
* Develop and implement quality standards as part of the Quality System to assure products meet expectations of our target customers.
* Support the development of Design and Process FMEAs.
* Establish and maintain control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production processes.
* Lead/facilitate review and disposition of discrepant materials identified for control of nonconforming product.
* Work closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering, Design Engineering, Suppliers, Supplier Quality, and Service teams.
* Establish quality performance metrics and drive issues to true root cause solutions.
* Work with Manufacturing and Design Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances.
* Audit manufacturing line against released manufacturing processes and procedures.
* Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing product excellence issues.
* Provide problem solving support to manufacturing and Tesla customers; assist Product Excellence department peers as requested.
* Perform on-site analysis of product excellence-related issues; lead/perform product containment activities and arrange for disposition.
* Assist in the development and improvement of the Quality Management System.
* Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
* Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the Tesla team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the Tesla organization.
* Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
* Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
* Maintain top level professional integrity
* People Management
* Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Detail oriented
* Customer focused
* Ability to work independently
* Strong quality mindset
* Highly adaptable
* Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc) or other technical discipline.
* Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA required.
* Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
* Experience with various reliability test techniques including HALT and HASS testing.
* Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
* Must be very comfortable with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
* Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (5% to 10%)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.