Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RADIOLOGY TECH Part Time
LAWNWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
FT. PIERCE, FL
Located in Fort Pierce, situated on the east coast of Florida, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute offers employees a wide range of experiences in the health care arena. As the region's only Level II Trauma Center and with the most experienced full service open-heart program in the four-county area, employees benefit from access to education and training that are part of a tertiary care hospital's constant focus on high quality care.
In 2011, our 365-bed hospital earned a spot on the Joint Commission's elite list of Top Performing Hospitals based on key quality indicators. Only 14% of hospitals in the nation made the list and Lawnwood's patient outcomes placed our facility in the number one spot on that list! Join our team of top performing professionals and experience the kind of fast-paced, challenging health care you envisioned when you chose this exciting career.
For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for the seventh CONSECUTIVE YEAR. JOIN OUR TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE!
The Radiology Tech conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
* Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
* Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
* Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
* May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
* Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside..
* Takes pictures and develops film.
* Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
* Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
* Assists with transporting patients.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers
* ARRT Certification
* Current state licensure
* Current Certification in Basic Life Support with AHA
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.