Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rochester, New York
SUPERVISOR OPERATIONS/ CREW CHIEF IN ROCHESTER, NY
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
JOB TITLE: Operations Supervisor/Crew Chief
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager or Senior Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND INTERVIEWED FOR THE CAR 4 POSITON, YOUR INTERVIEW FOR THAT POSITION WILL COUNT TOWARDS THIS POSITION. YOU WILL STILL NEED TO APPLY ONLINE.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation or internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directs, monitors, communicates with and evaluates all field employees in his/her assigned area
* Acts as a liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users
* Ensures maintenance of qualify field operations through daily contact, oversight, communication and evaluation
* Assists with preparation of employee evaluations and field crew contact reports
* Ensures PCRs and other field paperwork is reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing
* Ensures operational response exceptions are brought to closure with appropriate action
* Provides staff counseling and guidance and information regarding AMR Operations
* Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units of personnel, including filling of internal and external reports and counseling staff.
* Ensures maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment and medical supplies for field units
* Implements and enforces company policies and standards
* Performs direct ALS patient care activities
* Maintains communication with other agencies and departments
* Serves on committees with other departments to set policies and generate ideas
* Performs other related duties as required
* Prepares reports and manages projects as assigned by Operations Manager or Regional Director
* Maintains availability during disaster situations or mass casualty incidents and assists in any capacity needed
* Attends scheduled meetings as required by Operations Manager or Regional Director
* Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies
* Responsible for supervising, directing and developing subordinates, including completing performance reviews, counseling sessions, etc.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining department budgets
* Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
* Directs AMR resources during mass casualty/disaster operations
* Adheres to and complies with information systems security.
* Attends information security training when offered. Reports information systems security problems
* Mentors employees, conducts performance evaluations, counsels and provides disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results
* Champions affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Systems Skills A working knowledge of MS Office. Uses data from different sources to identify issues and quickly identifies the central or underlying issues in a complex situation
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or GED. Current CPR, PHLTS and ACLS certification, or equivalent credentials. Some advanced education preferred
* Three years EMS experience required. Paramedic field experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be able to function as a field paramedic performing direct ALS patient care activities
* Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
* Thorough knowledge of system status management
* Effective oral and written and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects
EOE including Veterans and Disabled