Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
We have multiple Research & Development Technician openings at our Trenton Lane facility in Plymouth, MN. This position will be working as part of a team in assembling medical device products while maintaining high quality / performance standards on all Medical products.
* Creates and modifies detailed drawings & drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contributes to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
* Supports detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp.
* Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
* Provides required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D production drawings, product specifications, manufacturing procedures, and testing requirements.
* Supports qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure delivery of quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes.
* Under the direction of an Engineer, performs technical research tasks in support of quantitative and qualitative projects in areas such as optics, lasers and photonics, nanotechnology, environmental testing, energy or related fields. Identifies data sources and collects, organizes and measures data in a manner that ensures quality control.
* Performs validation testing and interprets results for reporting. Keeps detailed logs of ongoing trials/tests.
* Responsibilities may include field research, lab/computer equipment set-up and maintenance. May assist in training and assigning/checking work and providing training to lower level employees to meet goals but is not a supervisor.
* May adapt procedures, techniques, and/or equipment to meet job requirements. Works under minimal supervision, referring only very complex issues to higher levels.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
* Duties and tasks are varied and complex.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required
* A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
* Experience and/or training in using a microscope in assembly, working with different types of catheter materials, or other similar medical devices with small parts in a manufacturing environment is preferred
* Ability to read, write and speak proficiently in English Completion of an AA degree or equivalent is preferred though not required.
* Fully proficient in applying established standards, understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
* Requires considerable judgment and initiative to accomplish tasks.
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation