Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cypress, California
BUTLER IS KNOWN FOR CONSISTENTLY EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS. OUR TOP 20 CUSTOMERS HAVE AVERAGED MORE THAN 20 YEARS OF SERVICE BY BUTLER, WHICH IS A TESTAMENT TO OUR QUALITY AND HIGH STANDARDS. WE ARE WELL POSITIONED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF INDUSTRY GROWTH AND TO LEVERAGE OUR DOMAIN EXPERTISE.
OUR MISSION IS:
To be a highly respected solutions provider by capitalizing on our domain expertise and entrusting our Employees to deliver exceptional value for our Customers and Stakeholders.
My client is one of the top ten exchange carriers in the U.S. We have a requirement for:
JOB TITLE: BUYER
LOCATION: CYPRESS, CA
DURATION: 6-12 MONTHS CONTRACT
Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
* Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
* Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
* Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution
* Provides peer review and oversight to junior Purchasing Agents
* Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter
* Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
* Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
* Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
* Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
* Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
* Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
* Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
* Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
* Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
* Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
* Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to IPT Lead and/or Purchasing Manager
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
* MRP system experience
* MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
* Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
* Previous experience supporting manufacturing, aerospace preferred
* Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
* Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
* Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
* Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
* Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
* Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed
* Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
* Ability to make timely decisions and take action
* Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
* Customer service oriented
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES IN WORD FORMAT TO JANITA AT JKEWALRAMANI@BUTLER.COM FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.