Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management. Job Summary
As the Partner Services Partner Development Manager, you are responsible for managing large and complex critical business alliances, partnerships and relationship programs designed to produce sales opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams focused on identifying high-skilled and well-established partners within your assigned area. Excellent communication, partner relationship building, and business development skills are required to assure success in this high-visibility function.
* Adept with the requirements and business function of the various NetApp Channel service programs.
* Ensure the retention, growth and continuous development of partners that have invested in NetApp s Support Services Certified (SSC) and Professional Services Certified (PSC) programs.
* Maintain a highly interactive relationship with channel partner to achieve on-going initiatives and improve their capabilities to meet services requirements.
* Work closely with Channel Development Managers (CDMs) in Sales, to identify the optimum channel delivery partner for services requirements.
* Create partner-specific development plans with related metrics & KPIs, to drive their development and performance.
* Understand and plan for channel partner-training requirements, align them to service program requirements and ensure these requirements are optimally fulfilled through the appropriate training method.
* Work cross-functionally with internal departments on contracts, renewals, and upgrades to existing agreements.
* Evaluate team and departmental goal achievement, and provide recommendations.
* Participate in cross-functional peer group teams including members from Corporate Field groups, NetApp Customer Success Operations, and Channel Partner organizations (e.g. Partner Sales, Channel Marketing, Services Area Directors and Managers, Channel Sales Managers, Channel Development Managers, Partner Marketing Managers, etc.) to meet departmental development goals.
* Function as subject matter expert to your peers and cross-functional stakeholders to address issues or provide expert guidance when needed.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to successfully interface with internal and external individuals.
* Solid understanding of Channel Partner/Reseller & Distribution, Strategic Alliance, and Third-Party Maintenance (TPM) provider business models.
* Solid understanding of and experience with, outsourcing, third party maintenance providers, resellers, channels, and channel marketing disciplines.
* Understanding of channel mechanics, processes and procedures.
* Solid understanding of server, storage, and networking industry terminology and technology.
* Ability to produce results and meet goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
RESPONSIBILITY AND INTERACTION:
* The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
* This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
* Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions.
Interaction: * This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
* Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
* The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
* To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
* Often acts as mentor or facilitator.
* Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor s degree; or 6 years and a Master s degree.
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or other related field is required.
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s the right thing to do.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.