Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Come Grow with Us!
We're hiring CDL permit holders and licensed delivery drivers to help us as we continue to expand our fleet. For you, it's a great way to get to know our business and prepare to drive our truck delivery routes in the future!
Our Drivers are an essential part of our customer experience, delivering smaller loads, the unexpected order, or taking care of an emergency.
* Committed schedules that allow you to be home daily
* Exceptional benefits, pay, and incentives
* High-quality, well-maintained equipment
* Dedicated to your safety
EVERYONE IS IMPORTANT HERE AT GORDON FOOD SERVICE - ESPECIALLY OUR DELIVERY DRIVER TEAMS!
WE DEPEND UPON OUR DRIVERS TO MEET THE NEEDS OF OUR CUSTOMERS (RESTAURANTS, HOSPITALS & EDUCATION CENTERS) AS VALUED REPRESENTATIVES OF THE GORDON FOOD SERVICE IMAGE BY PROVIDING EXCEPTIONAL, ACCURATE DELIVERIES.
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
* Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS products
* Build and maintain good customer relationships
We\'ll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
* You must be 21 years of age or older
* CDL A permit required; must secure CDL A license within 90 days of hire
* Operators License and ability to operate a delivery van
* One year previous driving experience and one year experience in customer service or related field
* Must be able to operate a two-wheeler with a load weighing up to 350 pounds
* Clean driving record - No drug or alcohol offenses in the last 5 years
* High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
* Must pass a RIAH (hair sample) drug screen and a background check
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.