Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
Tesla is currently seeking an Engineering Operations Manager for a new pilot line we are developing. You ll be building out the operations for our manufacturing.
* Battery product design from concept to scale up including technology and product transfer to pilot manufacturing and meeting all ancillary requirements. (i.e.; regulatory, testing, etc.).
* Project conceptualization & reporting; ability to accurately translate requirements into product specifications and conduct gap analysis.
* Product development system operations and failure analysis including validation testing, FMEA, and qualification DOEs at development level.
* Participate in interactions with other functional teams including product scale up, manufacturing and rapid prototyping teams.
* Manage timelines and deliverable expectations so as to ensure on-target performance for multiple customer projects in parallel.
* Monitor and control budgets for all departments for the manufacturing facility utilizing P.M.C. and PLEX to manage inventory, produce schedules, create orders, report production and receive product.
* Production planning operations utilizing MRP outputs, input and signal reports, pegging planned orders insuring the proper inputs will drive work order to on-time completion.
* Lead functional teams to meet manufacturing KPI s, including operators, technicians, quality inspectors, etc.
* Manage ongoing improvements in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles, and demonstrated proficiency in implementation.
* Establish and maintain an effective preventive maintenance program with minimum downtime.
* Utilize analysis of operational metrics to drive product quality and corrective/preventive action programs.
* Implement standards for safety for both the employees and manufacturing environment while implementing lean manufacturing methodologies and continuous improvement techniques.
* BS or MS in Engineering: Materials, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or related.
* 2 years experience in battery development or manufacturing.
* 2-4 years experience in a high speed/high volume manufacturing setting.
* 2 years experience as a Plant, Operations, Manufacturing, or Engineering Manager.
* Direct Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement experience critical (examples. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, 5S, Root Cause Analysis).
* Basic understanding of descriptive statistics (pareto charts, fishbone diagrams, and run charts, etc), with strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
* Hands-on experience fabricating battery cells and several of its associated individual components.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.