Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
You ll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
* Navigate across multiple Tesla engineering system teams and with suppliers to achieve accurate and complete weight property data of vehicle components, assemblies and subsystems.
* Interpret results of weight data analysis, identify issues and opportunities for weight optimization and effectively communicate across multi-disciplinary engineering teams and suppliers.
* Ensure weight data integrity within the program bill of materials, Tesla s PLM system (ENOVIA) and for requested weight roll ups.
* Support engineering change requests gathering appropriate weight data and presenting change implications.
* Support optimization of the mass/weight management process and drive automation efforts to improve process efficiency and data quality.
* 2-4 years of experience in complex product engineering in either mechanical engineering or program management capacities.
* Extraordinary organizational skill demonstrated by notable success in coordinating at least 1 large-scale, multi-disciplinary engineering project (professional, academic or extracurricular).
* Excellent technical communication skill (written and verbal presentation).
* Experience with 3D CAD systems and/or PLM systems is highly preferred.
* Bachelor s Degree required preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.