Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
We are looking for a Metrology Automation Inspection Engineer with key skill sets in metrology lab tools, vision and automation, and battery engineering for Cell Manufacturing Team to maintain the automated inspection measurement systems. You will support the quality function of technical support regarding issues affecting cell manufacturing.
-Program automated inspection equipment to maximize equipment interchangeability and availability and to assure that automated inspections are effective and robust.
-Create, modify and troubleshoot new and existing inspection programs.
- Develop and maintain QA plans and process routings from pilot to launch.
- Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
- Evaluate and support inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Support all training programs by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
- Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develops appropriate systems for document storage and access.
- Review all supplier or vendor discrepancies.
- Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Provide trend analysis of defects occurring at different phases of manufacturing.
-Provide training to production team as necessary to ensure consistent and error free automated inspections.
-As necessary, provide oversight of inspection fixture design and construction to assure their effectiveness, ease of use, and compatibility with existing inspection equipment.
- Document maintenance & Calibration activities in accordance with company policy to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Support and focus corrective action efforts and utilizing the SPC data and corrective action tracking package and create and implement any meetings, procedures, or team-building concepts as necessary as part of the corrective/preventative effort.
- BS, in Materials, Metallurgical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Battery Engineering or related.
- 3 years related experience in Metrology, Automation or Battery domains.
- Experience with automated inspection programming languages and a strong understanding of lab analysis, metrology and battery manufacturing environments.
- Experience with analytical tools for SPC and data analysis.
-Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerance
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.