Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Summary: We are looking for an experienced Food Market Manager to organize and oversee the local and coordinate with the global market functions of our Food Safety organization. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated by developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the regional FOOD organization in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various market verticals, the competitive threats within each vertical and an understanding of the customer value streams within those verticals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing to establish goals, strategic plans and budgets to achieve strong double digit organic growth of revenue and operating profit.
- Direct and coordinate local marketing functions.
- Direct and oversee the company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new project development.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Develop, manage marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal marketing budgets.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Manage the planning and development of local Food marketing and communications materials.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five-year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Administer and actively participate in monthly management meetings ensuring needed decisions are identified and implemented in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with Director of Research and Development to help identify new product opportunities and product improvements to ensure company leadership.
- On a regular basis, attend industry trade shows and accompany managers on customer visits to maintain awareness and understanding of general industry trends.
- Work closely with VP and General Manager and corporate development to help identify acquisitions and participate in due diligence as requested.
- Provide enthusiastic leadership for strong work ethic when interacting with PerkinElmer employees and business partners.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer? is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.