Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
Equipment Maintenance Technician
As a Tesla Maintenance Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of manufacturing equipment. You will apply your technical skills to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical systems, factory automation and robotics. You will work with the highest caliber process and equipment engineering teams to improve equipment reliability and minimize or eliminate downtime. Tesla's Equipment Maintenance is also the first-responding problem solvers who manage machine breakdown recoveries to keep production running. This is a physically demanding job working in tight spaces, requiring walking and standing all day, as well as, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day. In addition, the technician may wear a fall protection harness while working from heights or from a suspended position. Maintenance Technicians will lift up to 50 lbs. and utilize other hand tools and power tools as needed.
* Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all industrial production and mechatronics equipment
* Perform repairs on production-down equipment
* Operate and repair every cell on a Line
* Perform Corrective Maintenance (repairs) on more than one of these types of equipment:
o Electrical systems ranging from 24 VDC to 480 VAC 3 phase
o Mechanical systems
o Conveyor Systems
o PLC and networks
* Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogues and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms
* Log all work as performed
* Perform other tasks as instructed by management.
This is non exempt position.
This is a general job description and may not reflect the complete or exact job description and/or requirements of the position(s) for which you may be considered.
* Five (5) or more years of experience working in a maintenance capacity on production manufacturing equipment and/or have equivalent training or relevant education
* Verbal and written communication skills (able to understand and record maintenance procedures, shift pass downs, etc.)
* Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical assembly drawings and accurately measure and inspect tolerances
* Advanced computer skills (able to use job-specific PC applications and coach other users)
* Solid electrical knowledge (has a thorough understanding of electrical requirements and hazards)
* Advanced skills with volt meter to check AC/DC voltage, able to diagnose issues, able to use a schematic diagram to troubleshoot electrical systems
* Proficient with pneumatics-solenoid valves, actuator and control operations and can read schematics
* Proficient with basic hydraulic system operations
* Ability to analyse problems and error conditions, identify root causes, and implement viable long-term solutions
* Safety oriented
* Ability to work off-shifts, as needed
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.