Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
CLINICAL EDUCATION COORDINATOR
HCA EAST FLORIDA DIVISION FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
With more than 18,000 of your neighbors, friends and colleagues, the East Florida Division of HCA is committed to building healthy communities in South Florida and the Treasure Coast. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we strive to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to furthering our mission. With 14 hospitals to choose from, your possibilities for achievement, variety, and career growth are endless. HCA East Florida Division is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for ten consecutive years. JOIN OUR TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE!
The Clinical Education Coordinator is responsible for organizing, directing and implementing an infrastructure for a systems-approach to the clinical education service line in assigned market. This includes support for activities related to classroom coordination, registration oversight, and documentation of participation, scheduling, and procuring teaching materials. This position will perform a variety of quality data entry and management functions that will include data entry, routine database maintenance and standard report generation, verification and distribution. The Clinical Education Coordinator will serve as the HealthStream administrator within their assigned market. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate the day to day operations of assigned market clinical education service line including: support Clinical Educators in scheduling classes, ensure scheduled classes are properly setup with applicable education materials and equipment, coordinate nursing student placement and schedules and facilitate communication with clinical education employees
* Support the efforts of market and hospital personnel providing required information in a timely manner for the hospital to maintain accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid and similar organizations
* Serve as the HealthStream administrator for the market which includes building e-learning classes, maintains student groups, enters data and provides reports as needed
* Contribute and work towards improvement in the day to day operations of assigned market clinical education service line
* Support a culture of accountability for effectively managing expenses that will result in delivering cost-effective clinical education in the hospitals that we serve
* Provide timely, accurate, and professional support to the clinical education team
* Oversee programs and processes for program evaluation and feedback to operational leaders, educators, and participants
* Manage and distribute data reports that may include quality, education and patient experience
* Assist the Market Director Clinical Professional Development to prepare and oversees business reports, including annual budgets
* Manage department performance in accordance with established budget. Including the utilization of staffing, supplies, equipment
* Participate in the annual budget process providing input into department expense forecasts, supply and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance, identify trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget; develops actions to address gaps
* Manage operating expenses including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings
* Monitor department budget performance in conjunction with the Market Director Clinical Professional Development, by identifying any trends and assist in preparing actions plan if needed
* Bachelor's degree required
* 3+ years of experience in healthcare, education, business or finance
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products that includes Word, Power Point and Excel; must demonstrate the ability to use spreadsheets to enter, evaluate and modify data
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.