Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cartersville, Georgia
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER - CARTERSVILLE, GA
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - PROGRESSIVE CARE/CARDIAC STEP-DOWN
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you'll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Health grades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at LakePoint Sports Complex; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
Cartersville Medical Center is a 119 - bed acute care hospital, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at The Women's Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.id
Come join our winning team, this position will play a key part in continuing our success!
THE PROGRESSIVE CARE UNIT AT CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER:
* Progressive Care/Cardiac Step-Down is a 28 bed fast-paced unit delivering specialized nursing care to a variety of patients, including but not limited to, Chest Pain, Cardiac Cath, Stress Test, Telemetry and post-ICU.
* Registered nurses, physicians from many specialties and many other healthcare professionals collaborate to form a diagnosis, treatment and discharge plan for each individual patient.
CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - PROGRESSIVE CARE/CARDIAC STEP-DOWN - PT DAYS WITH ROTATING WEEKENDS
* Responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care.
* Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
* Promotes customer service initiatives.
* Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
* Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
* Documents all patient care using Meditech.
* Previous two years of experience preferred
* Outstanding customer service abilities and effective listening skills
* Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license
* BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion
* ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66N Air Force AFSC - 46NX and 46FX
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.