Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
The Manager, Video Operations Support Center is responsible for leading a team Engineers in in a 24x7 environment identifying, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues remotely. This position will support video services escalations from Video NOC s and Onsite Engineers using surveillance and video systems analysis tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Managing the day-to-day escalation/operational needs across Video Operations Systems/Applications to ensure issue resolution and performance targets are achieved Manages team of Engineers responsible for root cause analysis within department
* Lead and support the four primary functions of the Content Operations organization: Acquisition, Encoding, Transport, and Delivery
* Ensure proactive maintenance and analysis activities are achieved in accordance with engineering best practices and documented procedures
* Develop engineering expertise within the team and driving preventative activities to help accomplish company performance objectives
* Manages configuration of ABR and CBR encoders, multiplexers, recoders, video probes, media converters, QAMs and other content delivery devices in the Spectrum Network
* Drive operational efficiencies and network performance improvements with proactive issue management and resolution.
* Management and engineering point of escalation managing resources in a shifted 24x7 environment.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
* Minimum seven (7) years of experience in Video Control and Distribution systems
* Minimum three (3) years of engineering management and/or supervisory experience
* Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru Wednesday - 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM
Additional Job Requirements
* Experience supervising technical operations staff in a 24 x 7 operations environment capacity; lead and proactively identify impairments to mitigate customer impacting performance issues
* Ideal candidate will have at least seven years of experience in activating, maintaining, and troubleshooting video delivery networks, Headends, or video applications
* Experience performing and managing resources responsible for implementing video systems
* Experience working with MPEG video analyzers, surveillance systems, satellite receivers, content delivery networks and encoders
* Experience working with and administering Unix/Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, and Solaris
* Experience working with video solutions and technologies; that includes MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, IP Video Delivery solutions, LAN/WAN design and operations, HFC networks, IP Multi-cast
* Experience working with network monitoring systems (Netcool, Big Brother), ticketing management systems (Remedy, Jira) and video analysis tools such as Tektronix Sentry, IneoQuest (IQ) iVMS or cVOC.
* Certification (current or past) in areas of expertise such as NCTI, SCTE DVEP, CCNA, a plus
* Ideal candidate will have at least proven management experience/ability with internal or external direct customer contact in a technical environment
* Engineering Technical, Hub and Headend background within an MSO network
* Working experience within Telecommunications industry
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.