Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Manager, Network Engineering is responsible for providing guidance and direction to the Network Engineering team on day-to-day activities regarding monitoring the network, installation sites, trouble isolation and repair of identified and reported problems. Responsible for the hiring, training, development, and performance management of staff. Must be able to work the following schedule, 9:00pm to 8:00am , Monday through Thursday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops a disciplined, detailed and structured team to drive a high performance culture and environment.
* Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
* Work with staff to ensure that individual team metrics and goals are being met.
* Ensures required reports are timely, accurate and complete.
* Provides technical guidance and assistance as required for problem resolution.
* Oversees the daily activities of Network Services and performs direct supervision of team members, including performance reviews, career development, and staffing.
* Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
* Knows, understands and follows company policy.
* Establishes positive employee relations through effective communication and ongoing support.
* Performs other duties as requested by manager.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience
* Minimum six (6) years Network Operations and/or Implementation experience
* Minimum three (3) years Management experience in a 24/7 operations center
* Minimum two (2) years Project management experience
* Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday through Thursday - 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, prioritize and organize effectively
* Knowledge and experience with Network and Element Management tools, cable, voice and data communications networks, and associated elements
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and operations, TCP/IP,SNMP and HFC networks
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
* Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
* Office environment
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.