Posted in Other 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req Id 30631 - Posted 04/26/2019 - Procurement / Purchasing - King of Prussia. Pennsylvania. US
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, Intermediate Chemicals reports to the Director of Strategic Sourcing for Intermediates and Distribution.
The STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER is responsible for over $100M in direct material purchases for Bostik facilities in North America. This role is responsible for formulating and executing purchasing strategies to manage risk, availability and quality of raw materials at the lowest total cost of ownership.
The STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER routinely works with regional and global business leaders, supply chain management, finance, manufacturing, engineering, R&D, and others to ensure alignment of projects/activities with Purchasing goals and objectives.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
35% STRATEGIC SOURCING
* Conducts comprehensive supplier analysis and screening (strategic direction, financial due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment) and develops strategies for their portfolio with key business partners.
* Participates in development of global strategic sourcing strategies for designated spend categories under coordination of the Global Strategic Sourcing Manager. Executes the strategies in North America
* Supports the negotiation and implementation of commercial agreements and contracts catered to supply situations and ensures that they are aligned with a strategy to ensure business continuity through the agreements.
* Supports and guides members of the Global Intermediates & Distribution team to analyze complex supplier proposals using decision-making tools and models, including financial and non-financial criteria, to facilitate award recommendations.
* Ensures the creation and maintenance of pricing models and predictive models for feedstock and other key cost drivers for all key materials.
* Forecasts raw material price evolution
* Establishes and implements strategies for negotiating commodity purchasing agreements based on in-depth knowledge of global and domestic markets for optimum pricing and terms.
* Maintains relationships with vendors and contractors to ensure good, reliable sources of supply and information.
* Review and revises supply agreements with support of the Law Department.
20% PURCHASING LIAISON TO BOSTIK NON-WOVENS IN NA
* Represents Purchasing as the Primary Purchasing liaison for Bostik Non-Wovens (NW) Business in North America
* Participates in Non-Wovens Business Team Meetings, sharing Raw Material market insights, representing Purchasing strategies and initiatives, and providing Purchasing perspectives on Business strategies. Share key Business information within Purchasing.
* Contributes to NW S&OP process to ensure adequate raw material supply in line with Business sales and manufacturing plans.
20% TACTICAL PURCHASING
* Supports / Manages monthly/quarterly price negotiations as assigned to assure optimal overall global spend in alignment with global strategy
* Resolves delivery and quality issues with suppliers
* Provides guidance and coaching to local buyers in supplier management
* Conducts monthly analytics on Purchase Price Variance and estimates the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and leverages these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations
* Follows Business spend and forecasts to ensure compliance with Global Sourcing Strategies
* Supports Working Capital initiative by working with suppliers to increase payment terms and decrease lead times. Work with Business to optimize inventory levels.
20% RAW MATERIAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
* Leads cross-functional Raw Material Risk Management team to identify and reduce supply risk.
* Develops and implements savings projects aligned with business strategy.
* Influences key stakeholders within the BU's to secure resources in support of risk mitigation, savings projects, and sourcing strategy.
* Supports the development of new products through early involvement with the BU, Engineering and R&D on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
* Drives an environment that leads procurement best practices, policies, quality, safety and compliance.
* Other tasks as assigned
Context and Environment
* Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
* Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
* Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
Required Education / Qualifications / Work Experience
* Minimum 8 years' experience in Procurement, Marketing, Sales and/or Technical Development
* 5+ years working in chemical industry.
* Bachelors' Degree required; MBA and/or technical degree preferred
* Experienced professional level understanding, interpretation, and application of theory, concepts, and knowledge in specialized areas; e.g. chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, or other specialized field.
* Prior demonstrated success in ability to innovate and improve upon existing business practices.
* Six sigma certification is a plus.
* Some experience in financial KPI and purchasing impact on P/L
* Strong understanding of contract structure and legal terms and conditions
* Proven financial acumen and spend segmentation analysis
* Proven expert negotiation skills
* Strong project management skills
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to tailor communications to level of audience, ability to present results clearly and concisely
* Ability to manage projects simultaneously
* Ability to successfully interact with and influence others
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.