Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR SPORTS COMMUNICATION, DIGITAL, & EMERGING MEDIA
Commensurate with Experience
Assist in the publicity and promotion of 17 Division I varsity sports with the Big West Conference with a comprehensive approach which will elevate and advance the program. Under the supervision of the Associate Athletics Director for Strategic Communications, incumbent will be responsible for the media coverage of assigned sports.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Valid Drivers License
4 - 7 years of related experience.
Working knowledge of Statcrew statistical programs, photoshop, indesign, sidearm, Final Cut Pro, Illustrator.
Knowledge of computer applications for publishing, image handling, and/or web production.
Ability to travel nights, weekends and a flexible work schedule.
Advanced project management, organizational and problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
Advanced interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills.
Advanced, in-depth knowledge of the location, including its mission, goals, achievements, infrastructure, programs, and policies.
Advanced knowledge of issues in higher education, a specialized academic discipline or field and/or health sciences.
Skill to maintain absolute confidentiality.
Advanced research and fact verification skills.
Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills.
Advanced skill in taking initiative to creatively identify and pitch story ideas to senior management and clients.
Advanced knowledge of appropriate editorial style and publication guidelines.
Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation and advanced skills to write clear, lively, engaging, compelling and effective copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and the broader public.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or related field with emphasis on writing.
Administrative abilities, game management abilities/experience.
Experience working in a Division I collegiate sports information office
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position