Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS & TRAINING
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The Manager for Communications & Training leads a small team responsible for organizational communication efforts (to the organization, campus community, broader UC community and national audiences), training, documentation and user experience assessment. The manager provides the team with direction regarding the most effective mode and plan for effective communication, training and documentation for the given audience and message. The manager will also lead the campus communication(s) around the service improvements, in support of the Associate CIO for Service Assessment and Promotion. The salary offer will be commensurate with experience within the budgeted range of $100,000 to $110,000.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
6 - 10 years of related experience.
Previous supervisory/managerial experience.
Occasional travel for university related business meetings, conferences and/or professional development.
Solid knowledge of financial and personnel administration and management techniques, guiding principles, relevant laws, policies and best practices.
Solid strategic planning, analytical, critical thinking, and project management skills, including skill in problem recognition, avoidance and resolution.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of all aspects of communications, including various technical aspects and requirements, and potential applications.
Advanced skills in advising and consulting management to ensure that desired institutional messages are delivered to appropriate target and/or broad general audiences.
Advanced skills to ensure production of high-quality work within budget and time constraints.
Advanced written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
Advanced skills to create, develop and implement comprehensive long- and short-term strategic communications plans.
Solid supervisory skills to select, train, lead, direct, guide, motivate and evaluate professional and/or support staff to produce high-quality work; skill to take corrective action as required.
Current knowledge of the UC Riverside user community.
Advanced knowledge of the organization, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices and infrastructure, and knowledge of current affairs, issues in higher education, health sciences, and/or specialized subject matter.
Working awareness of technical systems in support of a higher education institution.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position