Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
NURSE PRACTITIONER (NP)-PAIN MANAGEMENT
$92,269 - $129,185
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities.
Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org
This position will work in conjunction with a supervising pain management physician will provide clinical expertise to acutely and chronically ill pain management patients by taking detailed medical histories, performing exams, interpreting lab results, making diagnoses, and implement out-patient treatment. Collaborates with others in the clinic to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The care delivered will be based on theoretical principals and scientific knowledge and in accordance with requirements set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
The position's primary work location will be in the inland empire working in the UCR Health Clinic and in affiliate facilities.
1. Current California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license. Current unrestricted DEA license and National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
2. A minimum of two years' experience as a NP.
3. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
4. Must meet UC credentialing requirements.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and excellent bedside manner.
6. Ability to make emergency decisions quickly.
1. Patient care experience in a pain management setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position