Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
RESEARCH MANAGER, CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Reporting to the Director, UCR Center for Social Innovation (CSI), the Research Manager is responsible for managing and conducting research and data analysis for a variety of organizational projects and initiatives, working in close coordination with the director, associate director, research staff, and community partners. The Research Manager is expected to demonstrate excellent project management skills, possess a track record of overseeing multiple streams of work, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines are required. The initial expected appointment duration is one year with the possibility of continuation contingent upon funding and satisfactory performance. The budgeted amount for this position is about $82,000 in salary.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Master's degree, or significant research experience, in public policy, the social sciences, or related fields.
2 - 4 years of related experience.
2 years of demonstrated experience with the application of quantitative methods and qualitative methods, as well as data visualization. Coursework can count towards experience.
2 years as a researcher in a related field and a demonstrated record of producing successful reports for a variety of audiences.
Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
Working skills in statistical analysis, systems programming, database design and data security measures.
Working skills in analysis and consultation.
Working knowledge of research function.
Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to learn new research methods and software.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to take on responsibilities independently with only general supervision.
Ability to multi-task under deadlines and work well under pressure.
Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications.
Must be able to travel locally and statewide.
Demonstrated track record of successful project management.
Proven ability to work with diverse communities, leaders and staff.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position