Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
PHOTO LAB SUPERVISOR
8AM - 5PM
$53,494 - $86,026
Responsible for managing, supervising, technical instruction, safe operation, budget administration, security, use, and day-to-day functions of the analog photography, digital imaging and video labs.
Five Years of experience or two years of college and four years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
General familiarity with all aspects of black and white analog photography, including film processing, printing and finishing. Competency installing and using range of digital imaging software including Adobe Photoshop and color management. Competency installing and using a range of moving image software including Adobe Premiere and compression software. Effective skills in video production and presentation including studio lighting, basic rigging, digital video capture, sound recording, and playback on media players. Knowledge about current prosumer video tools.
Experience effectively using large format digital printers, high-end film scanners, cameras, and video editing hardware.
Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills. Skills to instruct others about safety procedures and proper equipment and facility use. Ability to assert authority for maintaining safety standards as well as a clean environment. Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with a diverse group of faculty, students and staff. Ability to move large equipment and to walk and drive distances to pick up supplies.
Accomplished negotiating skills for exchanging ideas, information, directions, and opinions with students, faculty, and staff. Ability to formulate policies and procedures, along with decision making and finding solutions. Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all demographic groups.
Ability to train and supervise students, student lab assistants, volunteers, and teaching assistants to insure the safe and proper use of equipment, machinery, tools, materials and processes used in the photography/video facilities, including the supervision of student-performed clean up and maintenance. Organize work schedules, assign jobs, verify time sheets, and delegate responsibility. Detailed knowledge of equipment, materials, and processes needed to produce a variety of projects.
Ability to work in an environment that may have subdued lighting, nosie, dust, and non-toxic chemicals (photographic darkroom). Ability to work in an environment with fluctuating workload, frequent interruptions, and competing demands from students, faculty, teaching assistants, and staff, maintaining a positive, patient, and respectful attitude.
Use of computers for tracking ink billing, website updates; develop policies and guidelines; conduct research on tools and techniques in photography/video. Ability to use, establish, update, and maintain area social media.
Working knowledge of standard forms and procedures to enable preparation of orders, arrange for services, perform inventories as needed, current technological advances within the field of photography/video.
Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks according to changing needs, perform practical research and present clear recommendations, maintain an active professional role in the arts community, maintain current in photography and video concepts and processes through knowledge of wk being produced in the international art world, assert authority to maintain safe standards and procedures including a clean and safe working environment, as well as protect against improper and deleterious use of equipment and facilities.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to purchase and repair photography and video equipment. Ability to use ladder and hand tools safely for repairs and adjustment of equipment.
Demonstrated organizational skills
1. Education and/or experience equivalent to an MFA.
2. Ability to understand and interpret university forms, policies, and procedures.
3. Demonstrated progressively responsible experience working in a laboratory and/or art studio.
4. Broad familiarity with contemporary art and photography
5. Skill in business management: budget preparation, resource allocation to meet budgetary goals
6. Ability to drive to off campus vendors
7. Working knowledge of first-aid, including CPR
8. Advanced software proficiency with 3D modeling and animation software, web authoring and digital illustration software.
9. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position