Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Riverside, California
ASSISTANT SCENE TECH.
50% Part Time
$35,788 - $41,864
UCR ARTS is composed of the California Museum of Photography and the Barbara and Art Culver Center of the Arts. We are located on a single block in adjacent historical buildings in downtown Riverside, easily accessible to the public as well as the campus. Visit our website at: ucrarts.ucr.edu.
The Scene Tech Assistant will work with both the Curator of Film and Media Projects and the Sr. Public Events Manager to set-up and operate audio/video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment for concerts, events, meetings and conferences, presentations, and theatrical performances. Set-up and operate associated spotlights and other custom lighting systems.
In addition, the Scent Tech Assistant will work with the Curator of Films and Media Projects in managing the screening room when needed and will manage the front desk when assigned and serve as cash custodian.
This is a 50% position. Will be required to work evenings and weekends regularly.
-Demonstrate ability to operate state of the art Audio/Video equipment
-Demonstrate ability to analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems before and during events
-Two years of college or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position. Two years of experience in theater production may be substituted for two years of college.
-Able to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management
-Experience with project management of multiple tasks/initiatives
-Outstanding communication skills
-Must be able to accommodate a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends
Experience with Strand Lighting System
2 years of college in related subject area and 2 years of field experience in A/V equipment set-up
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position